Learn From Home FAQs
Free Learning Material, Free Revision Quizzes, Free 40GB Data
To support parents at this time, YTL Foundation, in collaboration with YES & FrogAsia, is providing free 40GB data and access to free learning resources to all government school students.
Through this initiative, all primary and secondary school students will have access to
- Free Learning Material aligned with the Malaysian national school curriculum to help children keep up to date with the school syllabus from home.
- Free Revision quizzes by downloading the FrogPlay Mobile App
- Free 40GB data to learn from home
- Free Phone with 120GB data for B40 families
Visit ytlfoundation.org/learn to get started today!
LEARN: Free Learning Materials
- 1. How do I learn from home while schools are closed?
- 2. What do I need to do to access the learning material?
- 3. Where can I access the learning material?
- 4. What subjects are there?
- 5. How do I know when the learning material has been updated?
- 6. How do I use the learning material for my kids?
- 7. What about assessment/revision questions?
- 8. Can I ONLY access the lessons with a YES Prepaid SIM Card data?
We’ve made learning from home simple! To learn from home:
- Access weekly lessons for English, Mathematics and Science, for Year 1 to Form 5, to help kids keep up with their learning. Created in partnership with content partner Pelangi and Teach For Malaysia, these lessons are aligned with the Malaysian curriculum.
- Do quizzes via the FrogPlay Mobile app on your phone or tablet to test kids’ knowledge and reinforce understanding. Quizzes cover all core subjects and all years, and are created by reputable publisher Pelangi. Download the mobile app to get started!
All you need to do is just go to ytlfoundation.org/lessons and search for the lesson under the tab “Learn”.
The lessons can be accessed on both your laptop and mobile devices.
You will have access to lessons for English, Mathematics and Science, for Year 1 to Form 5.
You can subscribe to receive lessons updates from us. Go to ytlfoundation.org/learn and leave your email address under the Learn tab to subscribe.
To learn how you can use the lessons for your kids, watch this video at bit.ly/frogbelajar!
To access revision questions, download our FrogPlay Mobile app. We have over 5000 quizzes from Standard 1 - Form 5.
No. You can access the lessons on ytlfoundation.org/learn using any Internet service available to you.
LEARN: Revision Quizzes
- 1. How do I access free revision quizzes?
- 2. I’m new to Frog. How do I login?
- 3. I’ve downloaded and logged into the FrogPlay Mobile app. How do I start learning?
- 4. How do I search for specific quizzes in the FrogPlay Mobile app?
- 5. Can I login to access via a website?
- 6. Can I use the FrogPlay Mobile account I created to login to my school’s Frog VLE?
- 7. What if I already have a Yes ID?
- 8. Can I ONLY access the lessons with a YES Prepaid SIM Card data?
- 9. I have more questions. What do I do?
To learn by doing quizzes, download the FrogPlay Mobile app on your phone or tablet.
Being a new user, you may create a Frog Learn from Home account using your Facebook ID with the following steps:
- Open App
- Enter https://frog.school
- Click Continue with Facebook
- Login with Facebook details
- After logging in, press ‘Revise’ to start doing quizzes, select the level (e.g. Lower Primary), select the subject (e.g. Sains), and select a quiz from the list.
- To search for specific quizzes (e.g. according to your kids’ year), press the Filter button on the top right of the screen to run an advanced search.
- From the main page, you can also press ‘Reports’ to view kids’ quiz scores. Happy learning!
No. For access to FrogPlay Mobile Home Learning, you need to download the FrogPlay Mobile app on the Google Play Store through a mobile phone / tablet.
- The FrogPlay Mobile account is to Learn from Home and can only be used to access the FrogPlay Mobile app to enable learning at home during this period.
- Once you return to school, you can ask your teachers or school administrators for your Yes ID to enable you to unlock the full range of tools within your Frog school experience. If you need any help retrieving your school Yes ID, you may also contact FrogAsia Helpdesk.
- If you already have a Yes ID, you can download the mobile app and login to the FrogPlay Mobile app with your school address and your username and password as normal.
- You can also access the Frog VLE by logging in through http://hopin.frogasia.com and by downloading all Frog mobile apps to help you learn anytime, anywhere. Look for FrogAsia Sdn Bhd on the Google Play Store or Apple App Store to find our list of mobile apps!
No. You can download and access the FrogPlay Mobile app using any Internet service available to you.
FAQ - Free Data (YES)
- 1. What is ‘YES Online Prepaid SIM Card for Learn From Home Education’ Programme (“LFH Programme”)?
- 2. What does the LFH Programme Bundle consist of?
- 3. How do I redeem the LFH Programme Bundle?
- 4. Is there any verification required to participate in this LFH Programme Bundle?
- 5. I have lost or cannot find my child’s MyKad/MyKid. Can I register using my child’s birth certificate?
- 6. How do I know if my application is successful?
- 7. How do I collect my YES Prepaid SIM Card?
- 8. How many LFH Programme Bundles am I entitled to register for?
- 9. I am a parent with more than one child, how do I register for all my children?
- 10. Does the YES Prepaid Account have a validity period?
- 11. What happens after the validity period? Will I be charged?
- 12. How do I activate the YES Prepaid SIM Card once received?
- 13. How do I know if the YES Prepaid SIM Card can be used on my mobile phone?
- 14. How do I know if the Yes SIM card can work in my area?
- 15. Who shall I contact if I need more details on this LFH Programme Bundle?
The LFH Programme is open to all Malaysian parents with children studying in primary or secondary government schools in Malaysia to enable their children to access the online learning resources, including the FrogPlay Mobile App for the purposes of anytime, anywhere learning, especially during the period of the Movement Control Order.
It consists of:
- FREE One (1) Prepaid SIM Card with YES Mobile Number;
- FREE 40GB LTE Data with an Account Validity Period of sixty (60) days from the date of service activation.
To redeem the LFH Programme Bundle, each applicant must register via www.ytlfoundation.com/learn and provide the required information in the designated columns therein.
Yes. You will receive an email notification with the next steps.
Yes, however the ID that is printed on the top right of the child’s birth certificate needs to match the MyKid/MyKad ID that is keyed into the form during registration.
You will receive an SMS and Email confirmation from Yes with the subject “Y E S to Education”.
Our delivery personnel will be delivering the YES Prepaid SIM Cards to applicants whose application is successful.
You are entitled to register one (1) child for one (1) LFH Programme Bundle. An applicant must not have, in aggregate, more than five (5) prepaid accounts with YES.
You can repeat the registration process for every child, as only one (1) child can be registered per application. An applicant however, must not have, in aggregate, more than five (5) prepaid accounts with YES.
Yes, the YES Prepaid Account has an Account Validity Period of sixty (60) days from the date of service activation.
No, the 40GB LTE data is free and will only be available for sixty (60) days from the date of activation.
- Go to the self-care portal at https://shop.yes.my/shop/activate.do.
- Enter your Order No into the box “Order ID” and Yes Mobile Number into the box “Mobile Number”.
- Click on the “Activate” button and your SIM will be activated in less than 2 minutes.
For a full list of supported devices, visit https://www.yes.my/supported-devices.
To check the YES network coverage in your area, visit https://www.yes.my/support/coverage.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEVICE: Free Phone with Data
- 1. What is the Learn From Home - Free Phone with Data Initiative?
- 2. Who is eligible for this programme?
- 3. What does it mean to be part of a B40 family?
- 4. Who can nominate for a B40 student to get a phone?
- 5. How do I provide evidence that a student is from a B40 family?
- 6. Why do the nominaters need to provide their MyKad number?
- 7. Why do we need to provide the parent and student MyKad details?
- 8. What if I don’t have the details of the parent and student MyKad details?
- 9. Should I be concerned about providing personal information in the form?
- 10. Does providing information to nominate a student violate the law?
- 11. How many people can I nominate?
- 12. How will I know if my nomination is successful?
- 13. What is the next step after nomination?
- 14. What happens if parents do not fill in their registration form within 7 days? Can I nominate them again?
- 15. How long does one have to wait to get the phone?
- 16. Can the phone be used to make voice calls and send SMS?
- 17. Does the phone need to be returned?
- 18. Who shall I contact if I need more details on the Free Phone with Data Initiative?
- As part of the Learn from Home Initiative, YTL Foundation is working in collaboration with Yes and FrogAsia to provide data and learning materials aligned to the school syllabus so government school students can continue to learn from home during the MCO period
- The Learn From Home - Free Phone with Data Initiative, is a next stage of the Learn From Home Initiative, specifically to support students in B40 families who do not have access to devices to be able to learn from home
- We are offering free mobile phones to families in the B40 community who do not have smartphones or other smart devices. Each mobile phone will come with 120GB of data (10GB/month for 12 months).
- Anyone can nominate students to receive a free phone with data at www.ytlfoundation.org/learn.
- Parents of students will be notified if the nomination is successful and parents will be required to submit their registration for the free mobile phone with 120GB of data (10GB/month for 12 months).
- Student nominees must be studying in a government primary or secondary school
- Student nominees must come from a B40 family
- Student nominees must have Yes 4G coverage in their location
- One family is only eligible for one (1) phone
- Documents uploaded must be capable of being verified
- As per the definition of the Malaysian government, a B40 family is one that earns a household income of below RM4000.
- This status must have been approved by the government as part of the Bantuan Sara Hidup (BSH) programme.
Anybody who knows a B40 student in need can nominate as long as you are genuinely nominating for a B40 student.
In the nomination form, you will need to provide a screenshot of the parent’s Bantuan Prihatin Nasional (BPN) status is LULUS and the amount stated is RM1,600 (see sample below)
This information is to verify that the persons submitting the nominations are genuine and there is no fraud involved
This information is to verify that the nominees are genuine and there is no fraud involved.
Before nomination, nominators should contact the parents and students involved and obtain the consent of the parents and information required for the submission of the nomination.
Please be assured that the information will not be used for any other purpose other than for the process of verification for this initiative and the information will be kept strictly confidential.
This is a private initiative to help those in need. We would like to partner with those who know B40 students will help us identify them to ensure that the mobile phones and data plans which we are sponsoring are going to families that really need them. The nomination of these B40 students should be done on a voluntary basis.
To clarify, there is no requirement for the provision of any information by schools or organisations that may violate the law.
Before nomination, nominators should contact the parents and students involved and obtain the consent of the parents and information required for the submission of the nomination. The information will of course be kept strictly confidential.
You can nominate 1 student per family.
You will be notified via email and the parent of the student you have nominated will also be notified via email about whether your nomination has been shortlisted or not. If you have not received an email to confirm this then your nomination is still under consideration.
- If the nomination is successful, an email will be sent to the nominator to notify them and an email to the parent of the student about the next steps which is the registration process.
- Registration is for parents only.
- Parents will need to follow a registration process and submit relevant information to proceed, including uploading
- A copy of the student MyKad/MyKid
- A copy of parent MyKad
- Bantuan Sara Hidup (BSH) letter issued by the Malaysian government as evidence of B40 status or any other valid documents that can prove the B40 status
- Parents are required to fill the registration form within 7 days of this email, failing which their registration will be cancelled, and deemed as unsuccessful.
- If the parent needs help, do communicate with the parent and lend a hand where you can.
Registration will be cancelled and deemed as unsuccessful. You may go through the nomination process again but there is no guarantee that you will be successful the second time.
As soon as all the information given by the parent is validated in the registration process, an email will be sent to notify parents on the delivery of the phone. Please ensure that you provide the right information and fill in all required fields to ensure a smooth registration process.
The free phone comes with:
- 120GB data (10GB data per month for 12 months)
- 60 minutes voice calls to non-YES numbers per month for 12 months
- Unlimited voice calls & sms to YES numbers
If there is more data or voice minutes required, top up using the MyYes4G app
No, once the family receives the phone, it is theirs to keep.
You may contact YESCare Customer Service via email at email@example.com.